Wildling is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist (f/m/d)
Start and scope of work: With immediate effect/full time (40 hours) / Deadline for application: April 28, 2021 / Place of work: Remote
Wildling Shoes was founded in 2015 and is a rapidly growing company that designs, produces, and distributes minimal shoes for children and adults. We aim to bring children and adults into more direct contact with their environment and to support an active lifestyle. Our shoes are produced in Portugal under fair labor conditions and are made from predominantly natural materials that are organically sourced (leather-free). With your help, we aim to improve the testing of our backend systems, internal tools, and customer portals and ensure a flawless experience for our customers and our staff. In line with our aspiration to continuously improve all systems, and based on the work of our Team Commitment: "We provide a reliable and maintainable IT infrastructure and software, data insights for decision making to help standardize and automate processes. We proactively and continuously improve our IT setup, code quality, support structures, and standards whilst keeping up with information security requirements."
As a Quality Assurance Specialist (f/m/d), your task is to support the release of high-quality products by means of dedicated testing along the entire lifecycle of the development. To achieve this, you develop automated tests, testing guidelines, test documentation and specifications, and work closely with developers and other stakeholders. This means that you check tasks on the basis of acceptance criteria, you report defects to the developers, and you also assist with visual testing. Your responsibilities also include merging all approved tasks and going live with the release. Checking and communicating any bugs that have been reported on our live systems as well as developing testing guidelines are the final steps of your mission.
What you contribute...
- A pioneer mindset and a hands-on mentality: You enjoy being involved in the operational side of your area, and have an independent and solution-oriented mindset and approach to your work
- You’re an error detector and a bug hunter, picking apart our backend and our APIs – and you know just how to spot every bug.
- You have initial experience with testing tools and automated testing.
- Familiarity with C# or another object-oriented programming language is a plus, but not a must. You are well acquainted with the basics of source code management with Git (GitHub).
- You know how to create detailed documentation and have a good eye for processes.
- Teamwork is something you enjoy, and you’ve gathered initial experience with agile working methods.
- Our IT team communicates in English, and you contribute your professional proficiency in English to the team – and can communicate professionally in German just as easily.
... you an exciting environment along with the opportunity to actively participate in the development of our company. For us, New Work isn’t just another buzzword. Our work is structured remotely, combining virtual meetings with online tools and offering flexibility in terms of location and working time. Since we also want to leave ample space for personal interaction, we hold regular meetings with the entire company as well as meetings within the teams (when COVID allows), and also provide an opportunity to work together in our co-working spaces in Cologne and Berlin whenever the mood strikes.
If this sounds like just the right thing for you, please send us your application documents in a bundled PDF document, including your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations, directly to email@example.com by April 28, 2021.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!